Texas Live! is a major entertainment district surrounding the home of Major League Baseball’s Texas Rangers in Arlington, Texas. The district includes numerous dining and entertainment venues, a 5000-person capacity outdoor stage venue, and the Live! By Loews convention hotel with 35,000 square feet of meeting space. HCM landscape architects worked with the Texas Rangers development team and The Cordish Companies to master plan the landscape features for the district and implemented designs for both the Texas Live! Arena and Live! by Loews Hotel.
The Texas Live! Arena is a multi-level facility with restaurants and entertainment venues. Central to this entertainment complex is an arena and stage for performances, public gatherings, community events or viewing televised events on the large wall of LED displays.
- Texas Live! landscape features include:A pedestrian promenade leading to the new Texas Rangers baseball stadium.
- A 10,000 square foot outdoor beer garden with a large bar, café seating, fire pits and festive lighting.
- “Troy’s” restaurant’s outdoor dining courtyard with the featured specimen Live! Oak tree.
- Arlington Backyard – an outdoor events pavilion with a capacity of 5,000 guests for cultural festivals, art shows, concerts, charitable functions and other community events.
- The pedestrian promenade, the “Paseo”, shared with the Live! by Loews convention hotel.
Adjacent to Texas Live! Arena is the Live! by Loews Hotel, a 300-room upscale hotel and convention center facing the Dallas Cowboys football stadium. HCM landscape architects collaborated with the hotel designer HKS Architects and their interior design team out of Dallas. The hotel’s landscape features include:
- An outdoor hotel bar with dining areas, a lounge seating terrace with a cascading water feature and a private café terrace overlooking Cowboys Stadium.
- A celebration lawn available for weddings and special events.
- A resort swimming pool with commanding views of the Dallas Cowboy’s football stadium. The pool features an infinity edge, a swim-up bar and a large LED screen for viewing sporting events.
- A pedestrian promenade, the “Paseo”, shared with the Live! dining and entertainment venue.
- The vehicular entrance court with a feature fountain and Live! by Loew’s identification signage.
HCM also provided architecture design services for One Rangers Way, the luxury residential community in the entertainment district.