Grand View Elementary School was funded by the 2017 bond election. Grand View is a two-story, four-round PK-5 school that opened in Fall 2018. The school includes a cafeteria, gymnasium, learning commons with adjoining media production and computer labs, art and music classrooms, and a dedicated makerspace classroom. The majority of the building is one-story and will house the school’s core functions. The classrooms are in the two-story portion of the building.
Key pieces of the project include:
- 20 classrooms for 1st through 5th grade
- Break out spaces in each wing
- 4 kindergarten classrooms
- 1 licensed pre-school classroom with a dedicated building entry
- Separate play areas for pre-school, kindergarten, 1st-2nd grades, and 3rd-5th grades
- After-hours access to gymnasium, cafeteria, and learning commons