HCM worked with a development team on this new 86,000 sf outpatient clinic for the Department of Veterans Affairs in Loveland, CO. In fiscal year 2018, Congress authorized this facility under the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act, to replace existing undersized facilities in Fort Collins and Loveland.
This new clinic will provide primary and specialty care with approximately 200 staff. Primary care services are designed around the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model which strives to provide patient-driven, personalized care focused on wellness and disease prevention.
Specialty care includes pathology and laboratory medicine, physical medicine and rehabilitation, radiology, dental, pharmacy, audiology, optometry, cardiovascular, podiatry, social work and mental health. Women’s health is also a special feature of this facility. A few key design features include:
- The radiology department will include general radiology, a CT scan and ultrasound.
- Exterior space adjacent to physical medicine and rehabilitation was designed to aid in mobility rehabilitation.
- Sterile processing services are included on-site.
- Dental includes a prosthodontics lab on-site.
- The pharmacy and lab are adjacent to the lobby to achieve ease of accessibility for these high use functions.
- Patient lifts are included in both primary and specialty care areas.
- Mental health includes large, reconfigurable multi-purpose rooms which can be accessed off both patient care and public spaces.
- Computer kiosks are provided for self-check-in.
- To support the patients and their families ample waiting spaces are located adjacent to the exterior windows.
- A canteen is provided with interior and exterior seating.
The site has easy access from I-25 and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, which served as an inspiration for the design. The contrast of snow, stone and shadows were integrated into the interior and exterior design through the use of materials and a simplistic color palette. The new facility will enhance VA outpatient services in the northern Colorado area.