Boys Latin School, an all-boys private school in Baltimore, was founded in 1844, and enrolls 630 students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. The school sits on a lovely 41-acre site which straddles the Baltimore City/County line. The school recently has undertaken a number of campus improvement projects over the years, and continues to strive to fully align their facilities with their core values and curriculum.
Boys’ Latin School recently acquired a new 28-acre property near its existing Lake Avenue campus. Hord Coplan Macht helped the school plan and construct a new international boarding school on the property, increasing the school’s campus size by 70%. On the property was a 40,000 sf manor house that previously served as a retirement home for priests that BL decided to renovate for the dormitory project.
HCM renovated the existing retirement home to accommodate the new boarding program. The newly converted residence hall includes 20 dorm rooms, a dining area, kitchenettes, laundry, storage facilities, and common spaces.