In July 2023, HCM continued our tradition of supporting local charities doing meaningful work through our annual Day of Giving. In addition to employee contributions, HCM matched up to $500 per charity.
In total, HCM employees raised $13,801 to support local charities in Baltimore, Denver, Washington D.C., Charlotte, and Hilton Head Island.
The charities include:
- Pets on Wheels shares the love of friendly therapy pets to help improve life and connects pets with people to make a profound positive difference every day.
- The Family Crisis Center works with individuals, families, and communities to interrupt and prevent cycles of violence in relationships.
- The MK Foundation is a non-profit started by Mera Kitchen Collective that works to address food insecurity, provide meaningful employment, and re-imagine our relationship to food systems and the hospitality industry.
- Domino Service Dogs focuses on assisting people with disabilities in training their own service dogs using reward-based training techniques.
- Second Wind Fund connects youth at risk for suicide with life-saving mental health treatment.
- The Action Center provides clothing, food, hygiene products, and resources to families and those experiencing hardships.
- SCAN Preventing Child Abuse works to stop child abuse in Northern Virginia by focusing on the child first, with a deep understanding of the complexity of child development, abuse, and trauma.
- VOCA Arts assists Deaf and hard of hearing artists in addressing social justice and racial equity in the Deaf community through interactive theatre workshops and performances.
Charlotte/Hilton Head Island
- Classroom Central fosters equity in education by providing teachers and students with the free resources they need to succeed.
- LifeShare Carolinas serves as the link between generous donors and those waiting for lifesaving organ, eye, and tissue transplants. We are one of 56 organ procurement organizations (OPO) in the US.