ARCHITECT FOR A DAY (AFAD)
Interested in exploring what it’s like to be an architect, planner, interior designer, or landscape architect?
If you are a high school or 1st-year college student, join Hord Coplan Macht for a day of exciting activities that explore the role of designers in the built environment! Activities include:
- An office tour of one of HCM’s three locations
- A visit to an active construction site of a local project
- Presentations by our various Architecture studios as well as Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, and Planning disciplines
- One-on-One Shadowing with Architects and Designers
- Group Activities and Discussion
- Light breakfast and lunch with HCM staff
Architect for a Day, or AFAD, is Hord Coplan Macht’s signature educational experience for students interested in learning about the profession of architecture and related disciplines. We provide our students with first-hand experience about careers in design through fun and interactive programming developed by our architects and designers. Throughout the course of the day, students will hear from designers working on real projects and discover just what it takes to become an architect!
AFAD DC Metro – Thank you to all who attended! Check out photos from this year’s AFAD here.
AFAD Baltimore – Friday, October 11, 2019 (8:30 AM-3:30 PM) REGISTRATION IS FULL! Check back for future dates. Registration will be confirmed by October 7.
All high school students in grades 9-12 and currently enrolled 1st-year college students are encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to students who have never participated in Architect for a Day.
Questions? Contact the Student Engagement Committee at SEC@hcm2.com